Candidates should contact one of Institut Curie's research teams to develop a project proposal.
Upon selection by the future supervisor, candidates will submit their application online. The call will open on April 16, 2021, the application deadline is May 28, 2021. Please click here to submit your application starting April 16, 2021.
- Candidates must have finished medical school and be engaged in medical training (either residency or fellowship)
- Candidates must hold an MSc degree or an equivalent university degree of at least 5 years duration (equivalent to a MSc degree).
- Candidates must show an oncological pathway or orientation in their career.
- The scientific project must be conceived together with a scientist and/or a clinician of Institut Curie.
- The scientific project may be a medico-scientific project, conceived together by a scientist and a clinician, however this is not mandatory.
The candidate should provide in collaboration with her/his future supervisor:
- A letter of motivation for the project (one page, in english)
- A CV
- A summary of the thesis project (max 3 pages, in english)
- A list of the most important publications / patents of the future supervisor for the past five years
- An acceptance letter from the hosting lab director, including the type of interview conducted with the candidate (meeting, phone, etc.)
An acceptance letter from the Doctoral School or a copy of the invitation to an audition by the Doctoral School jury. If neither is available upon submission, proof of acceptance by the doctoral school will be requested prior to signature of the work contract
- 2 letters of recommendation from previous supervisors (MDs or researchers), with a comment on practical trainings, if applicable
- An acceptance letter of the clinician partner of the project, if applicable
University grades transcripts illustrating the academic background.If they are not available upon submission, they might be requested prior to the signature of the work contract
- The MD diploma and medical speciality diploma (if already awarded)
- The M2 diploma
May 28, 2021.
A scientific committee will select the candidates based upon their application, their previous academic performance and the scientific potential of both the candidate and the host laboratory.
The selection results will be available by end of July 2021.
Duration: The thesis contract is for a period of three years.
Stipend: The monthly gross salary will take into account the career stage of the applicant. Selected candidates will receive private health insurance, in addition to social security entitlements.
Supervision of the thesis: In addition to her/his thesis supervisor, each student will be assigned a tutor by the program committee. Every student will also benefit from an annual progress meeting with her/his thesis committee.
Thesis committee: The student will be supervised by a tutor (chosen jointly by the student, thesis supervisor, the doctoral school and the training unit coordinator of her/his unit). This tutor, appointed as soon as the student arrives, is a scientist who will be responsible for following the progress of the student’s doctoral training. She/he will participate in the annual progress meeting and guide the student throughout her/his PhD.
Training: The student will be enrolled at a doctoral school to which her/his hosting lab is affiliated. Hard and soft skills courses will be offered by the doctoral school and Institut Curie.
Accommodation: International laureates can apply for accommodation at one of the halls of residence located at the «Cité Universitaire Internationale de Paris» (monthly rent: 600-700€).
- Start of the work contract: November 1, 2021.
Other funding bodies
We strongly encourage you to apply to other funding bodies.
The non-exhaustive list below indicates some of the main calls and financing sources:
- Soutien pour la formation à la recherche fondamentale et translationnelle en Cancérologie: (INSERM). Call: early April -> 22 April 2021
- Fondation ARC: Master 2 & PhD (deadline: 2 March 2021)
- La LCC: PhD (call: 17 May -> 20 June 2021)
- FRM: Master 2 & PhD (call: 9 February -> 16 March 2021)
- AAIHP: Master 2 (deadline: 25 January 2021)
- Concours de l’année Médaille (APHP : the application documents (dossiers de candidatures) should be sent by email to vanessa.gue [at] aphp.fr from 11 to 19 February, included)
- Année Recherche
- Groupe Pasteur Mutualité: Fonds de dotation Villa M
FERCM (call: 8 February -> 30 March 2021)
INSTITUT CURIE - Training Unit - Hospital Group
EnseignementDD.Bal [at] curie.fr
25 rue d’Ulm - 75248 PARIS Cedex 05 FRANCE