If you want to do a Master research project at Institut Curie, please click here
Candidates should contact one of Institut Curie's research teams to develop a project proposal.
Upon selection by the future supervisor, candidates will submit their application online.
- Candidates must have finished medical school and be engaged in medical training (either residency or fellowship)
- Candidates must hold an MSc degree or an equivalent university degree of at least 5 years duration (equivalent to a MSc degree).
- Candidates must show an oncological pathway or orientation in their career.
- The scientific project must be conceived together with a scientist and/or a clinician of Institut Curie.
- The scientific project may be a medico-scientific project, conceived together by a scientist and a clinician, however this is not mandatory.
- It is compulsory to apply also to other financing organisms.
- Medical students are not eligible for this program
The candidate should provide in collaboration with her/his future supervisor, on the application platform that will be available mid April on this webpage::
- A letter of motivation for the project (one page, in english)
- A CV
- A summary of the thesis project (max 3 pages, in english)
- A list of the most important publications / patents of the future supervisor for the past five years
- An acceptance letter from the hosting lab director, including the type of interview conducted with the candidate (meeting, phone, etc.)
- An acceptance letter from the Doctoral School or a copy of the invitation to an audition by the Doctoral School jury. If neither is available upon submission, proof of acceptance by the doctoral school will be requested prior to signature of the work contract
- 2 letters of recommendation from previous supervisors (MDs or researchers), with a comment on practical trainings, if applicable
- An acceptance letter of the clinician partner of the project, if applicable
- University grades transcripts illustrating the academic background.If they are not available upon submission, they might be requested prior to the signature of the work contract
- The MD diploma and medical speciality diploma (if already awarded)
- The M2 diploma
May 31, 2023.
A scientific committee will select the candidates based upon their application, their previous academic performance and the scientific potential of both the candidate and the host laboratory.
The selection results will be available by end of July 2023.
- Duration: The thesis contract is for a period of three years.
- Stipend: The amount includes gross salary and employer contributions. It amounts to 50,000 euros per year for residents and junior doctors and 65,000 euros per year for university hospital assistant physicians or pharmacists (AHU) or assistant Head of Clinic (CCA).
- Supervision of the thesis: In addition to her/his thesis supervisor, each student will be assigned a tutor by the program committee. Every student will also benefit from an annual progress meeting with her/his thesis committee.
- Thesis committee: The student will be supervised by a tutor (chosen jointly by the student, thesis supervisor, the doctoral school and the training unit coordinator of her/his unit). This tutor, appointed as soon as the student arrives, is a scientist who will be responsible for following the progress of the student’s doctoral training. She/he will participate in the annual progress meeting and guide the student throughout her/his PhD.
- Training: The student will be enrolled at a doctoral school to which her/his hosting lab is affiliated. Hard and soft skills courses will be offered by the doctoral school and Institut Curie.
- Accommodation: International laureates can apply for accommodation at one of the halls of residence located at the «Cité Universitaire Internationale de Paris» (monthly rent: 600-700€).
- Start of the work contract: November 1, 2023.
It is compulsory to apply also to other financing organisms
The non-exhaustive list below indicates some of the main calls and financing sources:
- Soutien pour la formation à la recherche fondamentale et translationnelle en Cancérologie: (INSERM).
- Fondation ARC: Master 2 & PhD
- La LCC: PhD
- FRM: Master 2 & PhD
- AAIHP: Master 2
- Concours de l’année Médaille
- Année Recherche
- Groupe Pasteur Mutualité: Fonds de dotation Villa M
INSTITUT CURIE - Training Unit - Hospital Group
enseignement.dd [at] curie.fr ()
25 rue d’Ulm - 75248 PARIS Cedex 05 FRANCE
>> See all Institut Curie's research teams