Each year, dozens of post-docs join Institut Curie laboratories to learn, share ideas, and actively contribute to the scientific and medical projects. They receive a variety of funding, such as international grants from Human Frontiers, EMBO and/or funding from teams in specific programs and international networks.
You are French
You can contact the team leader who heads the laboratory to which you wish to apply.
You are a foreign citizen
A foreign post-doctoral researcher interesting in continuing their research at a laboratory in the Institut Curie Research Center may obtain a one-year grant. The amount of the grant is paid in the form of a salary, as legislation requires, and reflects the candidate’s experience. Below is the procedure:
1. Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete resume including publications
- Letters of recommendation from scientists who know the applicant
- Approval from the host laboratory indicating its willingness to take on the applicant
- A brief description of the research project that will be conducted during the post-doctoral fellowship
- A personalized letter from the applicant to the director of the Research Center, stating that the applicant agrees to seek other funding and to switch to this funding as soon as it is obtained.
2. Applicants are selected based on several criteria:
- The quality of the resume and prior work
- Advantages that the applicant’s project offers to the Research Center
- The applicant’s ability to successfully complete a post-doc at an Institut Curie laboratory by obtaining financing from other entities to replace the institute’s funding.
3. Applications must be sent to: office.almouzni [at] curie.fr (Dr G. Almouzni), Director of the Institut Curie Research Center or directly to the Director of the Research unit in which the young researcher wishes to work, and who will pass it on to the Director of the Research Center.